2016 marks the second year of the WasteMINZ Awards for Excellence, with the winners to be announced at the WasteMINZ conference gala dinner on 19 October 2016 in Wellington.
The awards serve to recognise the many successes and advances made right across the industry.
There are two key award categories, these are:
- Best communication, engagement or education initiative
- Best project or initiative in the commercial or public sectors
Applicants are judged on a range of criteria including leadership, innovation and results. The finalists (in alphabetical order) are as follows:
Best communication, engagement or education initiative
- Auckland Council for Auckland’s Inorganic Collections
- Progressive Enterprises (Countdown) for Countdown Food Rescue
- Sustainable Coastlines for Love Your Coast Wellington
- The Packaging Forum for Soft Plastic Recycling Scheme
Best project or initiative in the commercial or public sectors
- 4Sight Consulting for Benmore Pole 1 Deconstruction
- Foodstuffs and EnviroNZ for Foodstuffs Waste Minimisation Programme
- Waste Management NZ for Powering into the future – Our move to electric vehicles