WasteMINZ 26th Annual Conference
[Resource]ful Thinking is the theme for the 26th annual WasteMINZ conference. Our objective is to build upon the fantastic presenters and discussions at last year’s conference, with particular emphasis on the goals set down in the New Zealand Waste Strategy. These goals being to:
- reduce the harmful effects of waste
- improve the efficiency of resource use
The success of our conference really does depend upon the active participation of our members (this means you!), by sharing your learnings, showcasing innovative practice, and posing tough questions for us all.
The 2014 conference is being held at the TSB Bank Arena and Shed 6, Wellington.
The conference runs from 20 to 23 October. The details being:
- Monday 20 October – Site tour and TA Forum
- Tuesday 21 October to Thursday 23 October – Main conference programme
- Registration has now closed.
We have an outstanding range of world-class speakers, including:
- Adam Minter, critically acclaimed author of “Junkyard Planet: Travels in the Billion-Dollar Trash Trade”
- Carly Robinson, Director of Global Sustainability & Social Responsibility at Fonterra
- Jared Blumenfeld, Administrator for US EPA’s Pacific Southwest Region
- Michael Waas, Global Vice President of Business Development and Client Services at Terracycle
- Scott Jenkins, Chairman of the Green Sports Alliance & Stadium General Manager for the Atlanta Falcons
- Dr Ganesh Nana, leading New Zealand economist
- Dr Dominic Hogg, Chairman and Founder of Eunomia Research & Consulting (UK)
- George Adams, Chairman of the Independent Forestry Safety Review
- Dale Williams, three term Mayor of Otorohanga and former leader of the Mayors’ Taskforce for Jobs
- Plus more speakers still to be annouced
For more on the keynote speakers be sure to check out their profiles in the final programme.
Unfortunately the great accommodation offers we had negotiated for conference attendees have totally sold out. Never fear, there are still plenty of options available for you. We recommend checking out the range of deals and accommodation options on offer here.
Sponsorship opportunities and expo:
The WasteMINZ Conference & Expo provides you with the very best waste industry forum in New Zealand and gives sponsors and exhibitors the opportunity to take advantage of the fantastic networking, knowledge sharing, and business opportunities that our events are renowned for. In particular, sponsorship gives you the unique ability to profile your organisation to our sector and be recognised as a leader in your field and a passionate supporter of the industry..
If you’ve booked your spot, make sure you read through our Exhibitors Manual, which tells you all the dos, the don’ts and everything else you need to know.
The frequently asked questions for trade exhibitors can be found here.
Want to know more?
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Carole Inglis.
- Should you be unable to attend once you have registered, you are welcome to reassign your registration to another financial member of WasteMINZ.
- If you are unable to arrange a replacement, a refund less an administration charge of $150 + GST will be made, providing notification has been received no later than 1 October 2014.
- After 1 October 2014 no refund is possible.
- Cancellation of your registration must be in writing and WasteMINZ will acknowledge this by return written advice.
- WasteMINZ in its sole discretion reserves the right to alter, change, amend or remove portions of the conference programme. Such alterations are not grounds for cancellation of attendance.