WasteMINZ 26th Annual Conference
[Resource]ful Thinking is the theme for the 26th annual WasteMINZ conference. Our objective is to build upon the fantastic presenters and discussions at last year’s conference, with particular emphasis on the goals set down in the New Zealand Waste Strategy. These goals being to:
- reduce the harmful effects of waste
- improve the efficiency of resource use
The success of our conference really does depend upon the active participation of our members (this means you!), by sharing your learnings, showcasing innovative practice, and posing tough questions for us all.
The 2014 conference is being held at the TSB Bank Arena and Shed 6, Wellington.
The conference runs from 20 to 23 October. The details being:
- Monday 20 October – Site tour and TA Forum
- Tuesday 21 October to Thursday 23 October – Main conference programme
Registration for the conference is now open, get in fast to take advantage of Earlybird pricing, which ends on 30 September.
- Click here to view the Preliminary Programme which includes all your registration options.
- Click here to register your spot now.
We are pleased to say that the Preliminary Programme is now available. The whole WasteMINZ team have worked long and hard to ensure that the programme is jam packed with fantastic speakers, so check out the Preliminary Programme and then book your spot.
We have an outstanding range of world-class speakers, including:
- Adam Minter, critically acclaimed author of “Junkyard Planet: Travels in the Billion-Dollar Trash Trade”
- Carly Robinson, Director of Global Sustainability & Social Responsibility at Fonterra
- Jared Blumenfeld, Administrator for US EPA’s Pacific Southwest Region
- Michael Waas, Global Vice President of Business Development and Client Services at Terracycle
- Scott Jenkins, Chairman of the Green Sports Alliance & Stadium General Manager for the Atlanta Falcons
- Dr Ganesh Nana, leading New Zealand economist
- Dr Dominic Hogg, Chairman and Founder of Eunomia Research & Consulting (UK)
- George Adams, Chairman of the Independent Forestry Safety Review
- Dale Williams, three term Mayor of Otorohanga and former leader of the Mayors’ Taskforce for Jobs
- Plus more speakers still to be annouced
For more on the keynote speakers be sure to check out their profiles in the Preliminary Programme.
We have negotiated some great accommodation offers for conference attendees. These hotels have been selected due to their close proximity to the conference venue. We advise you to book early as rooms are limited and there are a number of other events on in Wellington at the time of the conference. Ibis Wellington:
- Price: Room only $149, Bed and breakfast for one $166, Bed and breakfast for two $183.
- Overview: Qualmark rated 3.5 star hotel.
- Location: 153 Featherston Street, Wellington. 3 minutes walk from the venue.
- Book online: Click here to book at the Ibis.
- Book via phone or email: (04) 496 1880 or email@example.com and quote the reference #WASTEMINZ
- Price: Room only $189, Bed and breakfast for one $209, Bed and breakfast for two $229.
- Overview: Qualmark rated 4-star plus hotel.
- Location: 133-137 The Terrace, Wellington. 5 minutes walk from the venue, via lift access on Lambton Quay.
- Book online: Click here to book at the Novotel.
- Book via phone or email: (04) 918 1900 or firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the reference #WASTEMINZ
Sponsorship opportunities and expo:
The WasteMINZ Conference & Expo provides you with the very best waste industry forum in New Zealand and gives sponsors and exhibitors the opportunity to take advantage of the fantastic networking, knowledge sharing, and business opportunities that our events are renowned for. In particular, sponsorship gives you the unique ability to profile your organisation to our sector and be recognised as a leader in your field and a passionate supporter of the industry. For an overview of the sponsorship and expo opportunities available, please click here. Once you’ve decided which site you’d like, please apply here.
If you’ve booked your spot, make sure you read through our Exhibitors Manual, which tells you all the dos, the don’ts and everything else you need to know.
The frequently asked questions for trade exhibitors can be found here FAQs for Trade Exhibitors
Want to know more?
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Carole Inglis.
- Should you be unable to attend once you have registered, you are welcome to reassign your registration to another financial member of WasteMINZ.
- If you are unable to arrange a replacement, a refund less an administration charge of $150 + GST will be made, providing notification has been received no later than 1 October 2014.
- After 1 October 2014 no refund is possible.
- Cancellation of your registration must be in writing and WasteMINZ will acknowledge this by return written advice.