WasteMINZ 26th Annual Conference
We are very pleased to announce that [Resource]ful Thinking will be the theme for the 26th annual WasteMINZ conference. Our objective is to build upon the fantastic presenters and discussions at last year’s conference, with particular emphasis on the goals set down in the New Zealand Waste Strategy.
These goals being to:
- reduce the harmful effects of waste
- improve the efficiency of resource use
The success of our conference really does depend upon the active participation of our members (this means you!), by sharing your learnings, showcasing innovative practice, and posing tough questions for us all. So get your thinking cap on and consider the opportunities available for you and your organisation to get involved.
The 2014 conference is being held at the TSB Bank Arena and Shed 6, Wellington.
The conference runs from 20 to 23 October. The details being:
- Monday 20 October – Site tour and TA Forum
- Tuesday 21 October to Thursday 23 October – Main conference programme
Registration for the conference is now open, get in fast to take advantage of Super Saver pricing!
Watch this space, the preliminary programme will be released shortly. In the interim you can see your registration options and just a few of our keynote speakers here.
We have negotiated some great accommodation offers for conference attendees. These hotels have been selected due to their close proximity to the conference venue. We advise you to book early as rooms are limited and there are a number of other events on in Wellington at the time of the conference.
- Price: Room only $149, Bed and breakfast for one $166, Bed and breakfast for two $183.
- Overview: Qualmark rated 3.5 star hotel.
- Location: 153 Featherston Street, Wellington. 3 minutes walk from the venue.
- Book online: Click here to book at the Ibis.
- Book via phone or email: (04) 496 1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the reference #WASTEMINZ
- Price: Room only $189, Bed and breakfast for one $209, Bed and breakfast for two $229.
- Overview: Qualmark rated 4-star plus hotel.
- Location: 133-137 The Terrace, Wellington. 5 minutes walk from the venue, via lift access on Lambton Quay.
- Book online: Click here to book at the Novotel.
- Book via phone or email: (04) 918 1900 or email@example.com and quote the reference #WASTEMINZ
Sponsorship opportunities and expo:
The WasteMINZ Conference & Expo provides you with the very best waste industry forum in New Zealand and gives sponsors and exhibitors the opportunity to take advantage of the fantastic networking, knowledge sharing, and business opportunities that our events are renowned for.
In particular, sponsorship gives you the unique ability to profile your organisation to our sector and be recognised as a leader in your field and a passionate supporter of the industry.
For an overview of the sponsorship and expo opportunities available, please click here.
Once you’ve decided which site you’d like, please apply here.
Want to know more?
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with Carole Inglis.
- Should you be unable to attend once you have registered, you are welcome to reassign your registration to another financial member of WasteMINZ.
- If you are unable to arrange a replacement, a refund less an administration charge of $150 + GST will be made, providing notification has been received no later than 1 October 2014.
- After 1 October 2014 no refund is possible.
- Cancellation of your registration must be in writing and WasteMINZ will acknowledge this by return written advice.