On 21 and 22 November the Australasian Waste & Recycling Expo (AWRE) will be held in Sydney. The expo offers our industry the opportunity to showcase innovation, network with key waste & recycling decision makers and attend high quality practical waste & recycling management seminars and workshops. Now in its third year, AWRE is one of the most highly attended industry events with over 1700 industry professionals registering last year.
As you’ll well know an increasing number of government policies and directives, increasing taxes on waste disposal and recognition of the importance of resource efficiency have moved our industry’s focus from simply managing waste to waste minimisation and resource efficiency and this has driven growth, innovation and investment.
The great thing is that registration to attend the show is free for all industry professionals, though charges do apply for seminars and workshops. However AWRE have generously extended a 10% discount on all seminar and workshop registrations to WasteMINZ members.
If you are interested in exhibiting, please contact Alexandra Haughton on [email protected] or, for those interested in attending one of the AWRE seminars, tickets go on sale from October 1. Click here to find full details on the program. A quick overview of a few of the sessions has been provided below.
- Food Waste: Jon Dee delivers a keynote, the Better Building Partnership commercial organics trial, Councils leading the way and more.
- City of Sydney & City of London Update: Allan Jones, Chief Development Officer, Energy and Climate Change of the City of Sydney, discusses the City’s innovative waste strategy. Andrew Richardson, Waste Strategy Manager, Greater London Authority, will discuss the London’s progressive waste and recycling initiatives.
- Facility Managers & Waste Management: How to increase recovery from facilities (airports, hotels, shopping centres etc.)
- Social Enterprise: The growing and important role played by social enterprise in increasing resource recovery.
- Large waste processing infrastructure: The critical success factors and risks in procurement of large processing infrastructure
WasteMINZ is glad to be working in partnership with the AWRE team to extend this great membership benefit to you.
Date: 21 & 22 November 2012
Venue: Sydney Convention and Exhbition Centre