The results of the WasteMINZ Board elections were announced at the WasteMINZ AGM on Tuesday 20 October 2015.
Interest was high this year, with 424 e-voting papers returned. It was a hotly contested race with eight candidates vying for the three available spots. Those elected to the Board for a period of two years are as follows:
- John Dragicevich (Auckland Council). Re-elected with 216 votes.
- Dominic Salmon (Hastings District Council). Re-elected with 230 votes.
- Wayne Plummer (EnviroNZ). Newly elected with 163 votes.
The remaining five candidates ranged from 35 votes to 141 votes.
The other three members of the Board (whose terms expire in 2016) are:
- Darren Patterson (Patterson Environmental), current Chair
- Simonne Eldridge (Tonkin + Taylor), current Deputy Chair
- Grahame Christian (Smart Environmental)