Dunedin is an amazing place to live and work, and if you were to ask anyone living here, they’d tell you that there’s something indescribably special about our city. It’s small enough to feel like you’re part of a community but big enough to ensure that there’s always something going on. From the great outdoors to arts, culture and education, all within 10 minutes of the city centre. Dunedin has so much to offer, so why not come and feel just how special it is?
WASTE MINIMISATION OFFICER
Dunedin City Council is looking to appoint a talented Waste Minimisation Officer to the Waste and Environmental Solutions Business Unit.
We are looking for someone with a background in environmental management, communications or compliance. Either way, you will be great with people and passionate about sustainability, the environment and keeping Dunedin beautiful.
Responsible for waste minimisation project development and implementation, you’ll oversee the ongoing delivery of waste minimisation programmes and initiatives set out in the Council’s operative Waste Management Minimisation Plan (WMMP), reporting to the Group Manager Waste and Environmental Solutions.
- Develop new or expanded project plans and implement programmes aimed at minimising waste to landfill.
- Maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders, involving them in waste minimisation project planning and implementation.
- Promote waste minimisation practice within the community and to businesses in support of both local and national programmes and initiatives.
Ideally, you will have:
- a post-graduate diploma in a related field
- experience with project planning and implementation
- experience working with stakeholders, i.e. businesses, industry sector groups, community groups, focus groups and the public.
If you are eager to be part of our team, and you have what it takes to succeed in this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications close Friday 22nd September 2017.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity and to apply visit www.dcc.jobs