2017 marks the third year of the WasteMINZ Awards for Excellence, with the winners to be announced at the WasteMINZ conference gala dinner on 8 November 2017 in Hamilton.
The awards serve to recognise the many successes and advances made right across the industry.
There are two key award categories, these are:
- Best communication, engagement or education initiative
- Best project or initiative in the commercial or public sectors
Applicants are judged on a range of criteria including leadership, innovation and results. The finalists (in alphabetical order) are as follows:
Best communication, engagement or education initiative
- Conscious Consumers for The Good Spend Counter
- Kate Meads for Food lovers masterclasses and LeftOva magazine
- Waste Management NZ for Skills First
Best project or initiative in the commercial or public sectors
- Auckland Council for Auckland’s Resource Recovery Network
- Auckland Council for Three Kings salvage and recovery project
- Countdown Supermarkets for Countdown goes plastic carrier bag free by end of 2018
A big congratulations to the finalists and our sincere thanks to all who applied. The quality of applications was extremely high this year, and the judges found it tough narrowing it down to just three finalists in each category.