Civil/Geotechnical Engineer, Auckland
Due to exciting developments in our team, SLR is currently looking to recruit an engineer to join us in the Auckland Waste & Resource Management team.
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies.
We have an excellent career opportunity within our Waste & Resource Management team for an Engineer to join our growing team in New Zealand. You will be based in our Auckland office and work closely with our senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental outcomes, practical engineering solutions and construction supervision advisory services to our internal and external clients.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and managing site investigations, undertaking engineering design and supervision of construction for projects including landfills, refuse transfer stations and associated infrastructure
- Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budgets
- Project managing small to medium projects to produce high quality Environmental Management, Construction and Advisory documentation (i.e. technical studies, construction quality assurance reports, geotechnical investigations)
- Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members
- Contributing to winning work by identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships
- Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and Project Manager’s on projects regarding best principles and practices
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, specializing in Civil or Geotechnical disciplines or a related field
- 3 to 5 years’ practical experience in the field of Civil or Geotechnical Engineering with significant demonstrated skills in the areas of engineering design, construction supervision, data analysis, report writing, geotechnical investigations and environmental assessments
- Experience in non-engineering Waste and Resource Management projects would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of New Zealand geotechnical practices, including landslide risk assessments is desirable
- Strong capabilities in construction management and waste facility operations and attention to detail
- IPENZ (Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand) accreditation or ability to acquire (within the first 6 months of employment)
JOB BENEFITS & PERKS
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people.
A relevant degree, New Zealand driver’s license and New Zealand citizenship/working rights are essential.
For an opportunity to be considered for this role, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter via this link https://slrconsulting.com/au/careers/civil-geotechnical-engineer.