The Kāpiti Coast is poised for further growth in a climate of an improving economy. Economic development will be a significant focus in the coming years and major infrastructure projects will benefit the development growth of the region. The Council has identified three focus areas in its long-term plan: lift Council performance, concentrate on core services, and enhance engagement with the community.
Within the Infrastructure Services Group, the Solid Waste Services Manager is responsible for the integrated management of all solid waste services and for the development and implementation of strategies, policies and processes with regard to solid waste services.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- a relevant tertiary qualification is desirable, however, consideration may be given to sufficient practical waste management and contract management experience.
- demonstrated strong project and/or contract management experience.
- proven experience with all aspects of waste management.
- demonstrated customer service orientation.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Glen O’Connor, Solid Waste Services Manager Infrastructure Services on 04 296 4739.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including criminal history and credit checks.
Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Further information about the position and application documents are published at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 19 July 2018