Tauranga City Council has a goal of minimising waste to landfill for the City. The Sustainability and Waste Team are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader: Waste Contracts and Compliance. This is an exciting opportunity for you to lead on the development of services and facilities for recycling and organics in the City, and for you to provide subject matter expertise and work collaboratively within the Sustainability and Waste Team to manage stakeholder customers, partners, and a team of Waste Officers.
You will provide leadership and strategic oversight to ensure effective service delivery of all existing and new waste management contracts relating to recycling, community recycling centres, organics, and composting, and provide oversight and leadership to the delivery of services and facilities for rubbish collection and disposal, transfer stations, closed landfill management, and city waste services (cleansing, public litter bins, abandoned cars etc.).
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in environmental science, engineering or business administration, or equivalent gained through operational experience in a waste management environment for at least 8 years.
- Strong experience in contract management and monitoring, and developing collaborative relationships with contractors.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Sound financial planning experience.
- Experience in working in a waste management and local government or relative field is a strong advantage.
- Experience in leading a team to achieve outcomes.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the disciplines of solid waste management and knowledge of health and safety legislation, and a full clean drivers’ licence.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to manage sensitive customer relationships.
For more information, please read the position description on the Tauranga City careers website.
If you are focused on the sustainable development of the City and this exciting opportunity reflects your next career move, apply today!
Applications close on 5th September 2018.