- Project Manager – Rubbish and Recycling
- Hamilton City Council
Hamilton City Council is looking for an experienced project manager to join the Waste team and to lead the implementation of our new rubbish and recycling service for Hamilton.
This service change will be one of the biggest operational changes the Council has ever implemented. It includes transitioning 58,000 households from rubbish bags to wheelie bins, changing contractors, changing the level of service at Council facilities and managing stakeholder relationships.
As our Project Manager, your key activities will include:
- Establishing the project plan including timeframes, governance, resourcing requirements.
- Ensuring the delivery of the project within scope, budget and timeframes.
- Utilise change management practices to ensure an effective transition process is achieved.
- Development of all required project documentation and reporting.
- Track, monitor and report on financial spending against budget.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain key relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders
This is a significant project management opportunity and to be successful in this role, you will need to be tertiary qualified along with accreditation in PRINCE2 or PMP and have at least 8-10 years experience leading large complex projects.
We need someone with sound change management, relationship and stakeholder management skills to influence, direct and guide stakeholders in a collaborative and engaging way.
This role is fixed-term for a three-year period. The recruiting range for this role starts at $94,400 per annum and could be negotiated for the right candidate.
This is your chance to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a stronger economy and a more attractive city.
Closing Date: Thursday, 11 October 2018