- Waste Minimisation Manager
- Fixed-term 12 months
Wellington City Council is currently looking for a passionate sustainability professional to join our organisation and help us continue our critical Waste Minimisation work. This exciting role will help coordinate and progress Waste Minimisation projects smoothly and in a timely fashion, working closely with our Waste Minimisation Project Officers, Recycle Centre Manager, and other Waste Operations staff.
The primary objective is to provide on-going support for the work being done to progress our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (both local and regional plans) and maintain the running of existing projects, as well as providing management oversight of our resource recovery centre and our tip shop.
This role requires a high degree of stakeholder engagement, team management and an excellent understanding of the waste and recycling industry, including services provided to the Wellington City Council residents. A proven background in the waste industry, with a strong customer focus, project and team management skills, and a can-do attitude will all be essential for this dynamic and rewarding role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Project implementation and delivery
- Administration of existing projects
- Providing waste minimisation support to waste operations team and other internal staff
- Close liaison with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure excellent and consistent communications from the team.
- Working with key stakeholders and networking with other Council Waste Officers/ waste related organisations to progress opportunities available Skill Set:
- The ability to resolve issues on a daily basis in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent knowledge of the waste and recycling area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Report writing and presentation skills.
You will have worked in a sustainability-related area, or other relevant fields, for a minimum of three years and have a strong working knowledge of the waste and recycling industry. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is passionate about waste minimisation work. If this role sounds like an opportunity you would enjoy, we would like to hear from you. Please fill in the application online and attach your CV and cover letter. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and a full clean New Zealand Driver’s license
Closing date for application 12 pm October 8th 2018.