- Waste Planning Manager
- Tauranga City Council
The Sustainability and Waste Team at Tauranga City Council are on an exciting journey to improve the way the City manages its waste – to divert more, and to make services cost-effective and efficient.
This position has been created to lead the development of waste planning activities for Council. This will include leading on the next waste assessment and waste management and management plan, waste master planning, infrastructure development, and project management. We need a strategic thinker who isn’t afraid of getting their hands dirty from time to time!
The Waste Planning Manager needs to be an exceptional networker who will advocate for leading-edge waste management and minimisation in Tauranga.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and effective management by:
- Leading the development of waste policy and providing strategic waste advice.
- Aligning all waste management and minimisation issues, and local and national legislative frameworks, to the Tauranga context.
- Leading the development of the waste assessment and Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (WMMP).
- Providing subject matter expertise to unit-wide planning, bylaws, monitoring, information management and WMMP reporting.
- Research waste management and minimisation initiatives and advocate Tauranga City Council in relevant local, regional and national areas.
- Leading asset management planning.
- Managing key relationships to maximise social, environmental and financial outcomes.
- Leading the development of strategy and policy that enhances community engagement and development.
We are looking for someone with 10 years’ experience and a subject matter expert in the field of waste. You will have a post-graduate degree and be a strategic thinker who is passionate about diverting waste from landfill and establishing the best possible outcomes for the community.
This is your opportunity to be a part of a progressive and fast-growing council who are leading on significant improvements to how waste is managed and minimised in the city.
For more information, refer to the detailed position description.
Applications close on 28 October 2018.