- SUPPORT CENTRE, LOWER HUTT, WELLINGTON
- FOODSTUFFS NEW ZEALAND – ADVOCACY & SUSTAINABILITY
- PERMANENT FULL TIME
At Foodstuffs, they believe in doing what they can to bring about a cleaner, greener New Zealand.
Their award-winning waste programme has enjoyed great success with many of their stores diverting +90% of waste away from landfill. They know they can do more – which is why they’re looking for someone to join their Sustainability team.
As a Waste Minimisation Manager, you’ll actively work with store leadership teams to successfully transition participating Foodstuffs businesses to a low carbon, minimal waste operating model.
Working with their nationwide team, you’ll be:
- Working with Foodstuffs supply chain operations to improve recyclability of landfill waste and landfill diversion
- Implementing waste management and minimisation plans, including investigating options to reduce waste to landfill
- Actively work with owner-operators and develop partnerships to identify opportunities to increase the amount and range of excess stock donated to Food Rescue/local community groups
- Report, monitor, review and provide data metrics on site performance and the adoption rate and engagement of owner-operator sites
If you have a true passion for sustainability and you:
- Have proven experience with project and contract management
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of waste activities, processes and practices of local government
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Have strong analytical skills and the ability to translate data into easily digestible written communications