- Are you looking for a role with career opportunities and a community focus?
- Do you pride yourself on your organisation skills?
- Want to work with an engaged and forward-thinking team?
Working for the Waimakariri District Council is an exciting opportunity for you to make a real difference. They promise to be professional, approachable and solutions-focused when providing for their community. The Council has an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Solid Waste Officer to join their Utilities & Roading Department, based in Rangiora.
Your role will be to:
- Assist with the implementation of our new solid waste contracts
- Manage solid waste contracts, including undertaking audits of kerbside bins and solid waste sites, and respond to service requests and enquiries
- Monitor solid waste sites and closed landfills for compliance with resource consents
- Implement the Solid Waste Bylaw and maintain waste and cleanfill registration databases
- Coordinate our sustainable education programmes
- Assist with the coordination of waste minimisation projects
- Work as part of a busy operations team and assist with 3 Waters operations when required.
To be successful in this position, you will demonstrate significant experience in a similar role. This role will suit a strong team player who enjoys interacting with a wide range of stakeholders and going the extra mile but also thrives on accuracy and efficiency of information and processes. They are looking for someone who takes ownership and has exceptional customer service skills with a “can do” attitude. Being able to prioritise workloads and deal with multiple tasks is essential.
You will work with a team dedicated to delivering outstanding service to customers both inside and outside the Council. This is a full-time role worked Monday to Friday, preferably between 8.30am – 5.00pm, with occasional attendance of evening meetings and weekend events.
The rewards for this position include a competitive salary commensurate with your experience where your knowledge is recognised. They offer a supportive, friendly team environment where on-going training is encouraged.
If you have the appropriate skills, experience and attitude to fulfil the requirements of this position, have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit, and you want to be on the team, then get in touch.
Applications close 5 pm Monday 14 January 2019.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Kitty Waghorn, Solid Waste Asset Manager on 0800 965 468 (0800 WMK GOV).
The Council is an equal opportunity employer and is a Professional Development Partner with Engineering New Zealand.