- Tauranga based
- 12 month fixed term contract
Tauranga City Council has a vision of minimising the amount of waste to landfill from the city. The Sustainability and Waste team are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader: Waste Behaviour Change Programmes on a twelve month fixed term contract covering maternity leave. This is an exciting opportunity for you to lead on the development and implementation of citywide behaviour change programmes from the 2016 Waste Management and Minimisation Plan.
You will provide strategic oversight to ensure effective delivery of behaviour change programmes, as well as providing specialist advice on behaviour change to both internal teams and external organisations. You will oversee the monitoring and evaluation of all waste behaviour change programmes, and will foster partnership delivery approaches with community groups to reinforce a community empowerment approach to behaviour change and waste minimisation.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in environmental science, environmental management, behaviour change or community engagement; or deemed equivalent gained through experience in commercial or local government organisations.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a behaviour change programme management role.
- Strong experience in programme delivery and management, contract management and developing collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Sound financial planning experience.
- Experience in working in a waste management and local government or relative field is a strong advantage.
- Experience in leading a team to achieve outcomes.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the disciplines of solid waste management, knowledge of health and safety legislation, and a full clean drivers’ licence.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to manage sensitive customer relationships.
If you are focused on the sustainable development of the City, and this exciting opportunity reflects your next career move, apply today! They will be holding interviews the week of the 7th January 2019. It’s is expected that shortlisted candidates will be available to attend an interview in person or via video conferencing.