- Waste Contracts and Compliance Officer
- Tauranga City Council
Tauranga City Council has a vision of minimising the amount of waste to landfill from the City. The Sustainability and Waste Team are currently looking to recruit a Waste Contracts and Compliance Officer. This is an exciting opportunity for you to manage contracts that are essential to keep Tauranga looking clean and beautiful and to be involved in the development and implementation of City-wide programmes from the 2016 Waste Management and Minimisation Plan.
You will provide the day to day operational management of contracts and leases held by the Sustainability and Waste Team. You will oversee the operations to ensure that they meet the community’s needs and that the health and safety of all operations meet best practice. You will be an integral part of the development and roll-out of future services for the community of Tauranga.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in environmental science, environmental management, or business administration; or deemed equivalent gained through experience in commercial or local government organisations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a waste management operations role.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Experience in working in waste management and local government or a related field is a strong advantage.
- Experience in leading a team to achieve outcomes.
- Experience with working with contractors to meet strategic outcomes
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the disciplines of solid waste management, knowledge of health and safety legislation, and a full clean drivers’ licence.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to manage sensitive customer relationships.
For more information, please read the position description which can be accessed via our careers website.
If you are focused on the sustainable development of the City, and this exciting opportunity reflects your next career move, apply today!