Tauranga City Council has a vision of minimising the amount of waste to landfill from the City. The Sustainability and Waste team are currently looking to recruit a Senior Waste Contracts Specialist. This is an exciting opportunity for you to manage contracts that are essential to keep Tauranga looking clean and beautiful and to be involved in the development and implementation of City wide programmes from the 2016 Waste Management and Minimisation Plan.
You will provide the day to day operational management of contracts and leases held by the Sustainability and Waste team. You will oversee the operations to ensure that they meet the communities need and that the health and safety of all operations meets all best practices. You will be an integral part of the development and roll-out of future key services for the community of Tauranga.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A qualification in environmental science or business administration and/or at least 5 years experience in waste operations.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in utility contract management, health and safety and financial management
- Sound understanding of the Waste Minimisation Act 2008, Local Government Act 2002, the Waste Management and Minimisation Bylaw 2012 and other/subsequent bylaws and other relevant legislation.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to manage sensitive customer relationships.
- Demonstrates a disciplined approach to managing a significant budget and working under pressure with competing priorities.
- Current full driver’s licence
For more information, please read the position description which can be accessed via our careers website. https://careers.tauranga.govt.nz/search/page/0
If you are focused on the sustainable development of the City, and this exciting opportunity reflects your next career move, apply today!
Applications close 3rd November 2019.