Senior Waste Minimisation Officer – Wellington City Council
Are you a sustainability professional who is passionate about minimising waste? We may just have the job for you. We are seeking a Senior Waste Minimisation Officer to work closely with our Waste Minimisation Manager and other Waste Operations staff to progress our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (both local and regional plans) and maintain the running of existing projects smoothly and in a timely manner.
This role requires a high degree of stakeholder engagement and an excellent understanding of the waste and recycling industry, including services provided to the Wellington City Council residents. A proven background within the waste industry, with a strong customer focus, project management skills, and a can do attitude will all be essential for this dynamic and rewarding role.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Project implementation and delivery
- Administration of existing projects
- Providing waste minimisation support to waste operations team and other internal staff
- Delivering education initiatives and engaging with Wellington community on waste minimisation
- Working with key stakeholders and networking with other Council Waste Officers/ waste related organisations to progress opportunities available
- Close liaison with the Marketing and Communications team to ensure excellent and consistent communications from the team.
- The ability to resolve issues on a daily basis in a professional and efficient manner.
- Excellent knowledge of the waste and recycling area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Report writing and presentation skills.
You will have worked in a sustainability related area, or other relevant field, for a minimum of three years and have a strong working knowledge of the waste and recycling industry.
Click here for more information and to apply.