Resource Recovery Coordinator
Hamilton City Council is looking for an experienced professional to join the City Waters team to help assist in the delivery of the Council’s Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (Waste Plan) and support with our kerbside refuse and recycling contract
We are looking for a committed individual with the ability to provide waste minimisation advice to individuals and organisations who run various community events in Hamilton and to provide a customer centric support around our kerbside refuse and recycling contract.
As our Resource Recovery Coordinator, your key activities will include:
- Assist in the delivery of the Council’s Waste Plan and associated projects.
- Work with community groups and event organisers to ensure appropriate waste minimisation plans are in place.
- Provide administration support for the delivery of the Contestable Waste Fund.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of regional waste minimisation initiatives.
- Provide input and advice into the events permit waste plan requirements.
- Provide support to the Kerbside Rubbish and Recycling Contract Manager
To be successful in this position you will need to understand waste minimisation and resource recovery fundamentals. We need someone with a high level of customer service to ensure professional and timely responses to all enquiries and requests for service. Your collaborative working style will enable you to work effectively within a high performing team that works systematically to meet all deadlines.
Ideally you will be tertiary qualified and have experience working in the sustainability and waste minimisation field.
The recruiting range for this role starts at $49,758 per annum, and could be negotiated for the right candidate.
The Council is committed to shaping a world-class city with people who will think differently, act with integrity, make it happen and work together.
This is your chance to be part of an organisation committed to making Hamilton a great place to live, do business and visit.
If this role sounds like it’s for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply online at https://hamilton.careercentre.net.nz/Job/Resource-Recovery-Coordinator/Hamilton-New-Zealand/23072
Please note this role is being sourced directly and we are not accepting applications via external recruitment agencies.
Fixed Term – Full Time
Job no: KFAM957534
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Closing Date: Sunday, 17 November 2019