An exciting opportunity to play a valued part in ensuring the efficient delivery of solid waste services and management of assets…
Gisborne District Council are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region.
In this role you’ll assist the Community Assets and Resources Manager to ensure that asset management, monitoring and inspections, projects and contracts are run in accordance with legislation, budget, performance and quality standards. With no two days ever the same in our busy Liveable Communities Hub, you’ll work across both the organisation, contractors and the community to provide effective service.
Up for the challenge? Great! – ideally you’ll need:
- NZCE/Dip Civil Engineering and preferably REA with appropriate experience or a relevant tertiary qualification with 2+ years of related experience (if you’re not quite there but are making significant progress with your qualification then we’d still like to hear from you)
- Effective project management skills i.e. leadership, negotiation, budget management etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound interpretive and analytical problem solving skills
- The ability to supervise contractors
Keen to find out more? Great – please apply as soon as possible – GDC looking to move quickly on this and may interview prior to the closing date if we have the opportunity. Please submit your CV and cover letter by following the link. Applications close by 10am Monday, 23 March 2020 at the latest.
- Job Location Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand