The Ministry for the Environment- Manatū Mō Te Taiao is currently seeking nominations for panel members to serve on the Waste Minimisation Fund (WMF) assessment panel. Nominations can be made online at https://jobs.govt.nz/jobs/Wellington/MFE-1456243 and at https://careers.mfe.govt.nz/jobs/Wellington/MFE-1456243.
MfE are looking to appoint panel members for a term of three years. Successful panel members are likely to be required to assess funding applications for at least one funding round per year.
Panel members need to be available from late May through June for the assessment of applications for the 2020 round of the WMF. The Panel may also be convened for applications outside the annual round. The WMF Assessment Panel Terms of Reference can be found as an attachment to this email.
Individuals interested in securing a position on the WMF assessment panel are invited to submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae (including the details of two referees) that highlights their skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Essential Skills and Expertise
- Expertise in either:
- resource recovery infrastructure planning and investment; and/or
- Tikanga Maori perspectives; and/or
- Community based waste minimisation initiatives; and/or
- Expertise or knowledge of the plastics industry across whole of life including specific knowledge or background in some or all of the following:
- research and development, product design and material science
- commercialisation of innovation
- packaging industry
- recycling including knowledge of current and emerging technology and markets
- Technical waste expertise
- Understanding of waste policy across all spheres of Government
Desirable Skills and Expertise
- Experience with community projects
- Local government knowledge
- Legal and finance experience
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership through board or committee experience
Panel members will be paid for their time according to the Cabinet Fees Framework for members appointed to bodies in which the Crown has an interest. The fees will cover:
- time spent reading and evaluating applications (number of days/hours will vary depending on number of applications received)
- attendance at a one day panel induction meeting in Wellington
- attendance at an (up to) three day panel deliberation meeting in Wellington
- all travel, accommodation (where applicable) and expenses while in Wellington (where applicable) will be arranged by the Ministry
Applications are to be submitted to the Ministry by email to email@example.com no later than 12.00 noon on 2 April 2020. Shortlisting will take place in April.