Kapiti District Council are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Sustainability and Resilience team, you will manage the district’s waste assets, oversee lease arrangements, implement the Regional Waste Management and Minimisation Plan and lead strategic planning to futureproof Kāpiti’s waste services. This is a fixed term position, full-time, three years
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable, however consideration may be given to practical waste management, planning and contract management experience
- Demonstrated project and/or contract management experience
- Proven experience with all aspects of waste management
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Effective communicator who can write reports (and make presentations to management and Council when required), which are concise, accurate and which can explain technical matters in a manner easily understood by non-specialist people
- Demonstrated analytical skills which include problem solving, the ability to understand and to come to terms quickly with a very wide range of often complex material and the ability to identify relevant information and present it in an oral or written report, in a timely manner
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member
- Demonstrated experience using computer database and mapping systems
- A current and valid NZ driver’s licence
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Nienke Itjeshorst, Sustainability and Resilience Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Further information about the position and application documents are published on our website at https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/