This is the second of our 30 Years of WasteMINZ events. Through these events, there is a strong emphasis on what the future will look like.
Once again we are looking at our transition to a circular economy and in particular the need for “Better partnerships for better outcomes”
The discussion will focus on the supporting and complementary roles that central government, local government, commercial industry and the community sector must play if we are to be successful.
Our facilitator for the evening will be Wallace Chapman. Wallace is a leading radio and television host, he hosts the Sunday Morning show on Radio New Zealand, and previously hosted pub-politics show Back Benchers.
- 5.00 pm: Registration, networking and nibbles
- 5.30 pm: Welcome by Paul Evans (WasteMINZ)
- 5.35 pm: Address by the Hon Eugenie Sage, Associate Minister for the Environment
- 5.50 pm: Panel discussion facilitated by Wallace Chapman. Panellists are:
- Hon Eugenie Sage
- Councillor Iona Pannett, Wellington City Council
- Councillor Penny Hulse, Auckland Council
- Sue Coutts, General Manager, Wastebusters
- Kiri Hannifin, General Manager – Corporate Affairs, Countdown
- 6.30 pm: Audience Q + A with the panel
- 6.50 pm: Networking and nibbles
We hope you can join us for an entertaining evening, where we will explore what the future holds for Aotearoa.
We will also be live streaming the event for members around the country. We will provide details closer to the time.