If you want to keep your body fit, you must do some regular exercise. But when it comes to the health of our minds, few of us take the time to maintain and improve it.
We live in wonderful times of abundance, rapid change, high-speed information and hyper-connection, but it also creates the challenges of mass-distraction, negative stress and analysis paralysis.
Mental Fitness in Today’s World helps participants understand how to develop the capacity for a healthy and strong mind and overall wellbeing, to allow them to handle the challenges and opportunities that life puts in front of us.
- Understand what is happening in NZ with mental health – the impact
- Gain confidence in understanding the core workplace mental health issues
- Build confidence on how to have conversations with people suffering from a mental illness and look at what support boundaries to offer
- What key actions can implemented to support a stressed or mental health challenged employee
- Understand how to be a wellbeing role model and create a positive mental health workplace culture
- Raise awareness of EAP and further resources for support and assistance
- Understand what stress and stress management is – when it’s good and when it starts being harmful to your health.
- An understanding of how much stress participants currently have in their life and how to tackle it immediately
- Learn multiple active steps to increase and build your own mental fitness using resilience strategies and create a daily plan
- Group work – conversations and exploration of ideas
*Includes an exercise booklet and interactive exercises – 4 hour workshop
About the presenter:
Sue Kohn-Taylor is a personal development coach and has worked with corporate clients and individuals for over 12 years. People development, employee wellbeing strategy, mental fitness, mental health, stress management and resilience are her specialties. She has worked with 1000’s of people globally one on one, in workshops and through seminars and conferences. Sue writes articles regularly, has an E-Inspiration, a newly launched podcast and features on breakfast TV every month.