Our 30th annual WasteMINZ Conference will be held in Christchurch at the Air Force Museum of New Zealand from 5-8 November 2018.
2018 Conference theme: A new climate-change law set to be introduced in 2018 will bind Governments to carbon targets and set it down a path to net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced a public consultation process that kicked off in May 2018 involving all sectors including business, farmers, unions, Maori, economists and local communities.
With this in mind, the theme for our 2018 conference is:
If Aotearoa is going to hit this audacious target, our sector is going to need to play a significant part. We must drastically transform the way we do things. This will be our 30th annual conference, and we only have another 30 conferences until 2050. So we must swiftly move down this path.
Monday 5 November
Tuesday 6 November to Thursday 8 November
The 30th Annual Conference runs from 5-8 November 2018 at the Air Force Museum of New Zealand in Christchurch.
We have negotiated special pricing for delegates at our official conference hotels. All hotels are centrally located and adjacent to where our conference shuttle bus service will leave from.
Please note: Our shuttle buses will only leave from this central location, there will be no other stops on the way to the conference venue.
Distinction Christchurch Hotel
Breakfree on Cashel
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch
Rydges Latimer Christchurch
We are already hard at work securing fantastic speakers for the conference. Our featured speakers include:
Contaminated Land Stream:
– Tony Cussins, Principal Consultant & Technical Director – Hydrogeology, Tonkin + Taylor
– Hans van der Wal, Special Counsel, Duncan Cotterill
– Kylie Cochrane, Managing Principal, Communication and Stakeholder Engagement, Aurecon (Australia)
– Peter Shannon, Special Counsel, Shine Lawyers (Australia)
– Dr Dave Bull, Contaminated Land Specialist and Director, HAIL Environmental
Waste and Resource Recovery Stream:
– Ngahihi o te ra Bidois, international keynote and winner of world speaker of the year
– Hon Eugenie Sage, Associate Environment Minister
– Natalie Isaacs, Founder and CEO of 1 Million Women and Australian Conservationist of the Year
– Jennifer McIver, Co-Founder of Wishbone Design Studio
– Mai Chen, Chair of the Superdiversity Centre for Law, Policy and Business
The WasteMINZ Awards for Excellence are to recognise the many successes and advances being made right across our sector. There are six categories as follows:
Please note that entries for the Awards close at 5.00pm on Friday 5 October 2018, with the awards presented at the WasteMINZ Gala dinner on Wednesday 7 November. You can find all the details here.
The WasteMINZ Conference & Expo provides you with the very best waste and contaminated land industry forum in New Zealand and gives sponsors and exhibitors the opportunity to take advantage of the fantastic networking, knowledge sharing, and business opportunities that our events are renowned for. In particular, sponsorship gives you the unique ability to profile your organisation to our sector and be recognised as a leader in your field and a passionate supporter of the industry.
In particular, sponsorship gives you the unique ability to profile your organisation to our sector and be recognised as a leader in your field and a passionate supporter of the industry.