On Thursday 7 June WasteMINZ hosted the second of its 30 Years of WasteMINZ events.
Once again we looked at our transition to a circular economy and in particular the need for “Better partnerships for better outcomes”
The discussion focused on the supporting and complementary roles that central government, local government, commercial industry and the community sector must play if we are to be successful.
Our MC for the evening was radio and television presenter Wallace Chapman. The full line up of speakers was:
- Introduction by Paul Evans (WasteMINZ)
- Keynote address by Hon Eugenie Sage, Associate Minister for the Environment
- Discussion panel with the following panellists:
- Councillor Iona Pannett, Wellington City Council
- Councillor Penny Hulse, Auckland Council
- Sue Coutts, General Manager, Wastebusters
- Kiri Hannifin, General Manager – Corporate Affairs, Countdown