May’s edition of revolve magazine is out now and includes the following topical and informative articles:
– ARE CHILDREN AT RISK WHILE AT PLAY? Environmental scientist Jonathan Coakley describes how we once put children at risk of contaminants in their own backyards. Now with greater awareness, we need to decide the best ways to keep toxic chemicals out of our backyard. (page 12)
– SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SUCCESS CASE STUDY. Lili Haydon shares how Kilmarnock have been changing attitudes through education, employment and creating opportunities for their 65 employees. Why have they been so successful at delivering partnerships which demonstrate ‘commerce with a heart’? (page 17)
– WASTE DISPOSAL LEVY. WasteMINZ’s Disposal to Land Sector Group Steering Committee discusses steps to improve the effectiveness of the waste disposal levy. What changes are necessary? (page 21)
– STEWARDSHIP – WHAT’S OUR MANDATE? Sarah Clare – Chair of WasteMINZ’s Product Stewardship Sector Group reports why designing out waste and providing solutions for products at end-of-life is key to dealing with Aotearoa’s waste problem. (page 24)
– CONTAINER DEPOSIT SCHEMES (CDS). Marty Hoffart makes a compelling case for CDS and why these make sense, by outlining what is happening internationally, what it could mean for councils and summarises the ‘for and against’ arguments. (page 28)
– Plus all the regular features and much more!