October’s edition of revolve magazine includes the following topical and informative articles:
- Kerbside food waste recycling. Liz Stanway from Xtreme Zero Waste describes how 2000 Raglan households now have weekly kerbside food waste collections.
- Unmanaged landfills: an unmitigated carbon issue. WasteMINZ’s CEO Paul Evans’ op-ed for Pure Advantage on the need to address unmanaged and poorly regulated disposal sites to reduce our carbon emissions.
- Kitchen food waste disposers: a solution? InSinkErator’s Michael Kelleman argues that food waste disposers have a role to play in diverting food waste.
- Incinerating organic waste needless. Organic waste expert Gerry Gillespie explains the importance of source separation of organic waste to reduce incineration and provide compost for depleted soils.
- Asbestos-contaminated soil: when is someone at risk? Auckland Council’s Graham Aveyard differentiates hazard and risk when it comes to asbestos in soil.
- Plus all the regular features and much more!