Here is a quick summary of the topics covered.
- Simonne Eldridge, WasteMINZ Board deputy chair shares her views about the importance of legacy, listening, agility and trust. (page 5)
- Are the days of single-use coffee cups numbered? (page 10)
- Dr Rachel Chiaroni-Clarke reports on her analysis of the country’s waste data and the data collection changes needed from industry to help solve our plastic crisis. (page 13)
- Kitty Waghorn explains how offering Waimakariri District Council ratepayers the choice of opting in for an organics collection got complicated. (page 17)
- Greg Dearsly explains what a learning team is and how it can be a tool for workplace improvement and engagement. (page 20)
- Simon Hunt continues the CLM series with a consultant’s perspective on contaminated land management. (page 24)
- Minister Sage announced the government’s proposed regulated product stewardship programme in August 2019. An outline of what is being proposed, the timelines and the proposed priority products are covered on page 28.
- Movers and shakers include a brief introduction to the Ministry for the Environment’s senior leadership team. (page 8)
- Our nine conference keynotes are presented on page 7.
- And the outcomes from the sector groups are summaries on page 35.
Enjoy the read.