Below is a recording of the webinar on Contaminant Hydrogeology.
The webinar was held on Tuesday 8 March 2016 and was presented by Martin Robertson, Environmental Manager, Z Energy.
The webinar covers:
- The fundamentals of the water cycle
- Typical groundwater systems of New Zealand (resorted alluvial plains, aggradation gravel fans, fractured bedrock, volcanic deposits etc)
- Understanding groundwater flow –models and keeping it simple, interactive exercise
- Planning/auditing investigations – e.g. vertical gradients screen placement flow variation
- Plume evolution over timeSetting consent conditions for passive discharges e.g. monitoring frequency and trigger levels
- Wrap up discussions and exchange of ideas
About the presenter: Martin Robertson holds a First Class Honors degree in Earth Science from Victoria University. He is Environmental Manager with Z Energy and has 25 years’ experience in environmental investigations. He spent the first half of his career in consulting, including extensive field work and assessment of landfill plumes, sewage effluent disposal and literally hundreds of contaminated sites of all kinds. In the last 12 years he has managed the environmental performance of a large portfolio of Z service station and terminal sites, project managed environmental investigations and remediation for site exits and large due diligence programs for property divestments.