In a constantly changing world, how do we create a legacy for the future? Let’s challenge our views, celebrate our achievements and learn about innovation in the sector.
The WasteMINZ Conference, Expo + Workshops 2023 will be held at Claudelands, Hamilton and will run from 22-26 May.
Explore the conference below
If you can't read the image above, our prices are set out below
|Conference, Expo + Workshops 2023||Super Saver |
Register & pay before 04.04.23
Register & pay before 30.04.23
Registration from 01.05.23
|Three day registration - 23, 24, 25 May 2023 - including networking drinks on Tuesday, 23 + gala dinner on Wednesday 24 May||1495||1745||1925|
|One day - Tuesday 23 May||595||715||795|
|One day - Wednesday, 24 May||595||715||795|
|Gala dinner only - Wednesday, 24 May (included in three day registration)||200||200||200|
|One day - Thursday, 25 May||430||520||595|
|Territorial Authorities' Officers Forum workshop - Monday, 22 May||180||215||240|
|CLM Workshop - Thursday 25 (afternoon) + Friday, 26 May||350||420||460|
|CLM Workshop (with any main registration) - Thursday 25 (afternoon) + Friday, 26 May||220||265||290|
Prices exclude GST
The prices stated are available exclusively to WasteMINZ members. Non-members can contact CJ Dooner to discuss costs.
Paint the Town Red: the problem with exposure to residential lead
When: 1.30pm, 25 May - 4pm, 26 May
Who should attend: CLM practitioners, environmental health officers, local government, public health officers and central government agencies who hold housing stock
Join us for this one-and-a-half-day deep dive into the public health risks from residential lead. We'll discuss the health impacts of lead and how guideline values are set, what we know about residential lead contamination in New Zealand, how industry manages risks from lead paint, and finish with a workshop session to brainstorm ways the health sector, industry and contaminated land practitioners can work together to protect people.
Registrations are open!
Click here to register for the Residential Lead Workshop ONLY
Click here to register for Conference + the Residential Lead Workshop
We’re looking for industry superstars who have been part of an amazing initiative or project over the past 12 months in each of the sector groups:
- Behaviour change
- Contaminated land management
- Disposal to land
- Health & safety
- Organic Materials
- Product Stewardship
- Recycling & resource recovery
- Territorial Authorities' Officers Forum
We encourage you to apply if you’ve got an interesting and innovative project or initiative that fits the bill! This is a great opportunity to recognise those people in the industry who have been part of a project or initiative that has provided innovative solutions and had a positive impact on customers, communities or colleagues.
When submitting your entry, think about the following questions:
- What was the project or initiative?
- Why was it undertaken?
- What issues or opportunities did it address?
- Who was involved?
- What was the nominee's involvement?
- Was it successful?
Please note that entries for the Awards close at 5pm, Monday, 17 April.
The Terre Nicholson Award is for the brightest upcoming young professional in the contaminated land sector. Those of you who knew Terre know that she was a great supporter of young professionals in the sector. She went out her way to encourage, welcome, and support those entering the profession and always had time to give advice, lend a listening ear, and share a good joke.
If you know an outstanding early career professional, we encourage you to nominate them!
The Terre Nicholson Award is open to WasteMINZ members who work in the contaminated land management sector who are less than 35 year of age and less than 10 years’ experience in the sector.
When submitting your entry, think about the following questions:
- What has this person done to deserve this award?
- What impact has this person had on the contaminated land management sector?
- How has this person demonstrated an active commitment to the sector?
Entries close at 5.00pm on Monday, 24 April.
Our Conference, Expo + Workshop gives all attendees and exhibitors the opportunity to take advantage of the fantastic networking, knowledge sharing, and business opportunities that our events are renowned for.
- Cement your role as a thought leader across the waste, resource recovery and contaminated land management sectors in New Zealand
- Build brand recognition and generate awareness of your business
- Showcase and profile your organisation among key decision makers, and to a highly targeted and relevant captured market of approximately 550 conference delegates
- Establish new and reinforce existing relationships with the waste, resource recovery and contaminated land sectors across New Zealand
- Launch new initiatives, products and services
- Network with delegates face-to-face during morning and afternoon tea breaks, lunch, and at the networking drinks and gala dinner.
The Expo runs from 23-25 May, with set up from 1pm on Monday, 22 May and pack down from 11am on Thursday, 25 May.
Are you interested in promoting your services to our members via an Expo stall? Read about our Exhibition Opportunities here and view our expo sites that are still available.
Super Saver prices apply for a site(s) if booked and paid for by 20 March 2023. Contact CJ on firstname.lastname@example.org or (09) 476 7162 to discuss the site of your choice.
We are hosting the Conference, Expo + Workshops at the Claudelands Events Centre in Hamilton. The venue is completely accessible for wheelchairs, people with limited mobility and other disabilities.
Accessibility car parks
There are a number of accessibility car parks available on the Exhibition Plaza and in Brooklyn Carpark.
Check in with the car parking wardens upon arrival, they will direct you towards the appropriate car park.
Accessibility to the venue for wheelchair users
Access to the plenary and exhibition space is via the Ground Floor. Lifts are available in the conference concourse to access the breakout rooms.
Accessible bathroom facilities are available on the lower and upper arena concourse of the Globox Arena, the lower conference concourse and beside the Brooklyn Rooms on the upper level.
If you require wheelchair accessible seating, please notify the Event Manager.
The Arena and the Heaphy rooms are fitted with a hearing aid loop which is accessible by turning your hearing device to the ‘T’ option. When attending a conference, dinner or meeting in the Heaphy Room or Arena and you require use of this facility, please let your organiser know so that you are allocated seating within the loop. When booking your ticket for an Arena event, please notify the ticket supplier who will be able to allocate hearing loop seating.
Don't know where to stay? We are working with hotels in Hamilton for discounted rates.
Simply book using the link below. More to come.
Novotel and Ibis hotels - Hamilton:
Use the discount code: WASTEMINZ23 (Note: Capital letters must be used).
- Week commencing 12 December 2022: Exhibition site sales commence
- Week commencing 20 January 2023: Sponsorship packages promoted
- 23 January 2023: Call for abstracts opens
- 9 February 2023: Registrations open
- 20 March 2023: Awards for Excellence entries open
- 22 March 2023: Preliminary programme released
Key activities on each day:
- 22 May: Territorial Authorities’ Officers Forum
- 23 May: Opening keynote, other keynote sessions, presentations, panel discussions/debates/mini-workshops, awards for excellence, and networking drinks
- 24 May: Keynote sessions, presentations, panel discussions/debates/mini-workshops, and gala dinner
- 25 May: Presentations, panel discussions/debates, keynote sessions, closing keynote (finishing at 12.30pm, with lunch to follow)
- 25-26 May: Contaminated land management workshop on residential lead:
- 25 May (starting after lunch): workshop and networking drinks
- 26 May: workshop
If you have any questions, please contact Nic at email@example.com or 021 611 337.