WasteMINZ is the largest representative body of the waste, resource recovery and contaminated land sectors in New Zealand.
Formed in 1989 it is a membership-based organisation with over 1,500 members – from small operators through to councils and large companies.
There is significant benefit in being an active WasteMINZ member. These include the ability to:
- Network and promote your products and services
- Benefit from research & development and good practice initiatives
- Attend our annual conference and workshops at discounted rates
- Join our sector groups,forums and working parties
- Receive our regular e-newsletter and revolve magazines, full of relevant articles and information
- The development of policies and national standards
- Helping to shape your sector of the industry
- The development of best practice guidelines, regulations, and accreditation systems
For more information on our membership types or to join please click here.
Resources, reference material and consultations
As a WasteMINZ member, you are invited to participate in formal consultation with central government ministries and agencies on key issues which impact Aotearoa New Zealand' waste, resource recovery and contaminated land management sectors. Recent submissions include the New Zealand Waste Strategy and review of the Waste Minimisation Act 2008, proposed Emission Reduction Plan and Climate Change Commission consultation, Infrastructure New Zealand state of play reports plus Resource Management Reform. All submissions are available within our MEMBER ONLY PORTAL.