We have released our updated strategy, following a review of WasteMINZ Strategic Foundations Document earlier this year.
Here's a brief overview of what's in the strategy. You can read more in-depth information here.
We exist to make a positive impact on Aotearoa New Zealand by:
Protecting and conserving our environment through a sustainable, ethical and consistent approach to our sectors
- Providing a compelling evidence base to underpin our transition to a low carbon circular economy
- Ensuring that investments in our sectors are strategically planned and take a longterm view Enhancing the visibility and mana of our sectors with communities and government
- Enabling our members to excel and thrive through supporting sector-wide advocacy, market intelligence, and continuing professional development
- We are stewards of our environment (Kaitiakitanga)
- Our success comes through working collaboratively (Kotahitanga)
- Learning and best practice sits at the heart of what we do (Akoranga)
- We build the mana of others through nurturing, growing and challenging (Mana manaaki)
- Inform and educate
- Elevate and advocate
- Connect and celebrate
How did we develop the strategy?
We sought responses from each of the sector groups’ steering committees on the following key questions:
- What is their ambition for WasteMINZ and its work?
- What is WasteMINZ doing well and needs to keep doing?
- What is WasteMINZ not doing well and either needs to improve or let go of?
- What else could WasteMINZ do well if it chose to invest time and resources?
- What risks exist for WasteMINZ moving forward?
Responses to these questions then fed into a session with the Board and I in August, which was led by an external facilitator.
The next step will be for me and the team to develop a plan of how the actions noted under each priority will be achieved.
Please contact Nic Quilty, WasteMINZ chief executive if you have any questions.