Techcollect NZ is pleased to announce that the report with final recommendations for the proposed regulated product stewardship scheme for e-waste is now with MfE. The report includes revised recommendations based on feedback from MfE, including:
- Instead of all e-waste categories being included in the first iteration of the scheme, it is now limited to:
- Category 2 (Screens, monitors & equipment with screens over 100cm²)
- Category 5 (Small equipment)
- Category 6 (Telecommunication equipment & small IT equipment).
Under this approach, the remaining product categories are recommended to be introduced over the scheme’s initial seven-year accreditation cycle. This includes batteries (which are category 7), although any batteries embedded within in-scope product cats will be managed by the scheme.
- An indication of expected in-scope e-waste generation and corresponding scheme costs to inform advanced stewardship fee settings; and
- A recommendation for suitable targets for scheme access and material recovery.